Mission: Highland County Community Action Organization, Inc. strives to empower individuals and families through opportunities and support to achieve self-sufficiency.
Thursday, 11/29/2018 – Rocky Fork Lake Mobile Food Pantry
**Note: this is a week later than usual because of Thanksgiving**
- Emergency utilities payments, financial capabilities training, and help filing taxes
- Food pantry on site and coordination with other providers in the community
- Intensive work with families in need of extra support
Head Start: Comprehensive child development program for children ages 3-5 and their families
Early Head Start: Helps parents provide learning opportunities at home for expectant mothers and parents with children ages 0-3
WIC, Family Planning and Reproductive Health, STI testing, Pregnancy testing, Breastfeeding Support, Tobacco Cessation support for pregnant women, and programs to help with Car Seats and Cribs!
Call the clinic directly at 937-393-3060.
- Home weatherize to save on your energy bills
- Sometimes can help with some repairs.
- Limited low to moderate income housing available
- On-site congregate meals at our location in Greenfield
- Home Delivered Meals to Homebound Seniors across the county
- OhioMeansJobs Center at 1575 N High St. in Hillsboro
- Career training programs for youth and adults
- Skills and employment workshops open to the public
- Employer service
Find out more and check local job listings on our omjhighlandcounty.com website or call the center directly at 937-393-1933.
- Recycling Outreach for Highland County Commissioners and the RPHF Solid Waste District
- Information about public recycling drop off bins
- Special recycling collection events
- Litter cleanup supplies for interested groups and organizations
- Recycling presentation available for schools and community groups
Community Resources Directory
If you having trouble knowing who to call, this directory includes a list of phone numbers and websites for many service providers throughout the county.
- Apply for public benefits, file your tax return or FAFSA, access veterans services, and register to vote
- Complete from home or our staff can assist you
Highland County Community Action Organization, Inc.
1487 N High St, Ste. 500
Hillsboro, OH 45133-8496
Many programs have income eligibility requirements; please call for details.
COMMUNITY ACTION PROMISE
Community Action changes people’s lives, embodies the spirit of hope, improves communities, and makes America a better place to live. We care about the entire community, and we are dedicated to helping people help themselves and each other.