The 2019-2020 Emergency HEAP Winter Crisis
Thursday, November 1, 2019 and will operate through March 31, 2020
The program will assist applicant households one time who have a total gross income at or below 175% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
The Winter Crisis Program can provide up to $175 of assistance with regulated electric or natural gas, $750 of assistance with non regulated electric or natural gas, $550 of assistance with wood, coal, or pellets, $500 of assistance with a furnace repair, and $900 for propane or fuel oil.
In addition, eligible households –those at 150% of Federal Poverty Guidelines or less – with a regulated utility may be signed up on the PIPP Plus program where it would benefit the household to do so.
Documentation Needed to Process your WCP Application:
- Income documentation for the past 30 days unless self employed or seasonally employed, then you will need 12 months – if you receive assistance from friends or family you will need to provide a signed statement by that person detailing this assistance with their address and phone number, For applicants and household members with no documentable income source, you may be required to provide the prior year’s tax transcript or verification of non-filing status***
- Social Security Number/Cards for all persons in the household
- Most recent electric and natural gas bill
- Proof of citizenship – i.e. birth certificate or voter registration card – for a complete list contact HCCAO at 937-393-3458 Hillsboro or 937-981-9718 Greenfield
- Name, address, and phone number of your landlord if applicable
- If a household member is disabled, proof of disability is required.
- Clients applying for assistance with regulated or non regulated electric or natural gas must have a disconnect notice or be applying for new or transferred service.
- Bulk Fuel users must have less than a 10 day supply of fuel.
Please note, additional information may be required
For additional information or to schedule an appointment, call 937-393-3458 or 937-981-9718
Walk-ins seen by emergency/need on a first come first served basis
Office hours Monday through Friday 7:30 am – 4:30 pm in Hillsboro and Greenfield
Home visits available for seniors
2019 Federal Poverty Guidelines
|Household Size||100% FPL||150% FPL||175% FPL|
Main Office: 1487 N. High Street, Suite 500 – Hillsboro, Ohio 45133
(937) 393-3458 phone – (937) 393-7176 fax
Greenfield Office: 133 Lafayette Street – Greenfield, Ohio 45123
(937) 981-9718 phone – (937) 981-9718 fax
*Should you find the need to appeal any decision made on your application, please contact the agency for the approved process.
**If you had a hold on a disconnect for an appointment, please be aware no further holds can or will be placed if you miss your appointment or fail to bring in all required documents.
***You may obtain a federal tax transcript by phone: 1-800-908-9946, mail: PO Box 145500 Stop 2800F Cincinnati, OH 45250, fax 1-859-669-3592, or online at http://www.irs.gov/Individual/Get-Transcript. For non-filers verification can be requested by phone at 1-800-829-1040.