Current public recycling drop-off bins in Highland County:
Hillsboro — Board of Education – 39 Willettsville Pike
Sunoco – 489 E Main Street
Hi-Tech Center (BMV, JFS, OMJ) – 1575 N. High St.
(located behind office at back of parking lot)
Dodsonville — Terry’s Grocery – 1505 U.S. 50 near Rt. 134
Greenfield — Sunoco – 950 N Washington St. (behind building)
Leesburg — Premier Grain – 116 S. Fairfield Street
Lynchburg — Downtown – Main St./Rt. 134 near Dollar General
Marshall — Marathon Station – 11070 St. Rt. 506
New Market — Shell Station – Rt. 62 & New Market Rd.
Paint Twp. — Township Building – 12470 US Rt. 50
Bin sites in Mowrystown and Hillsboro (Catherine St.) have been removed due to misuse. Please use our other bins or Brown County’s Sardinia bin.
We are sorry for the inconvenience!
Please help us keep our bin sites clean. They are in place only because of the generosity of the landowners, please help us respect their places of business.
Not everything can be recycled. And not every recyclable item can go in our bins. Please use the list below as a reference to help be sure that you’re recycling the right things.
Accepted at Bins!
- Glass Bottles & Jars (all colors, mixed)
- Metal Cans
- aluminum cans (like pop cans)
- steel cans and lids (like soup cans)
- empty aerosol cans (remove lids and tips)
- Plastic Bottles and Jugs (with tops smaller than bases)
- milk jugs
- water and pop bottles,
- laundry detergent jugs
- shampoo bottles
- Paper and Cardboard (Please flatten boxes to save bin space)
- mixed office paper and envelopes
- newspapers, magazines, telephone books, and catalogs
- cardboard, paperboard (cereal boxes)
- clean pizza boxes
- Cartons such as for milk, juice, soup, broth
Not accepted in bins.
- Plastic Bags recycle at grocery store
- Electronics bring to annual electronics event
- Tires bring to annual tire recycling event
- Other Metal sell to commercial recycler.
Scrap metal, chains, car parts, pots and pans, hangers
- Other Plastics butter and yogurt tubs, clamshell containers, styrofoam, buckets
- Other Glass
light bulbs, window glass, drinking glasses
- Food and yard waste compost
- Other materials not accepted:
- garden hoses
- construction debris
- Medical Sharps and Syringes
- Hazardous Materials