The Summer Crisis Program generally runs from July 1 through August 31. The program is able to provide a one- time payment for electric assistance up to a maximum as determined by the program annually for qualified households, a window air conditioner if no one in your household has received one in the last 3 years and you have no working central air, and/or repair assistance to your central air unit. To qualify households had to:
- Be at or below the 175% of the federal poverty guidelines
- Have a household member who has an illness that would benefit from assistance verified by physician documentation, or with a member who is age sixty (60) of older.
- Due to changes in the program guidelines, current PIPP Plus customers may not be eligible for assistance.
Documentation needed for assistance included:
- Picture ID for main applicant
- Social Security numbers for all household members.
- Income documentation for the past 13 weeks for the date of your appointment
- Most recent electric bill (unlike the Winter Crisis Program a disconnect notice is not necessary)
- Documentation of a household member age 60 or older or the physician documentation
- Name, address, and telephone number of your landlord if applicable
- Proof of citizenship for the primary applicant, for a list of acceptable proof contact HCCAO at 937-393-3458 or 937-981-9718
For more information please call the Emergency Services Department at Highland County Community Action at 937-393-3458